Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mars Global Surveyer is Lost

This is such a sad story that took place a couple weeks ago. I was constantly looking for updates on NASA and JPL's website after a week of silence because signal block between Earth and Mars by the Sun. All of a sudden, bad news came to my attention that MGS was lost when NASA wanted to recontact it after it came back from behind the Sun.

Even though it is an "aged" craft - 10 years of service around Mars, sending back thousands of pictures, I still felt sad about its loss. NASA tried very hard several times to regain control but failed in the end. I was touched when I read that one NASA scientist called MGS, a longtime friend and teacher. It really is our teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home